Welcome to James Cole Elementary School
Welcome to James Cole Elementary School. Our school currently serves approximately 280 students in grades K-5. Viewing education as a journey and not a destination, the community of Cole Elementary is dedicated to preparing its students to be lifelong learners and responsible citizens. Our school's mission statement encapsulates our daily commitment to children:
- James Cole was one of seven men who originally came to settle here in 1828.
- The first religious service in the township was held in the James Cole home.
- The first person who died in this area was buried on the Cole farm.
- James W. Cole was born in 1829. He was the first child born to a Lauramie Township settler.
- Lauramie Township was originally called Cole Township.
- James W. Cole attended the first school.
- James W. Cole served as First Lieutenant in the 108thInfantry-Minutemen in 1863.
- James W. Cole served as representative to the State Legislature from 1873-74.
- James and Mary Cole are buried in the Stockwell Cemetery.
- The site of James Cole Elementary School was originally owned by the Cole Family. The first name listed on the abstract is James Cole.
Come visit our school. Walk around our beautiful three-acre Outdoor Education Center. Browse our school website. At Cole Elementary School - when you're here; you're home. Welcome to James Cole Elementary School!